Widespread infectious disease caused death to many but it is still a big concern even today because of oversea travelers.
2. Read & Write-2 Unit 9 Reading 1: Cultural Differences in Counting, a science report
Blog Review Writing What’s the most surprising/interesting thing you learned in the article?
=> Write your response within eight sentences including an example or your own experience by 3/20
Reading 2: Problems with Math, a personal essay
- Vocabulary: be flattered (=honored) You’re trying to flatter me, Don’t flatter yourself (think you can do)
- Skimming: Title, captions, 1st Par, 1st sen-> Check MI, D and underline the points to look at.
- Read-1-> Mark the words to describe Time/When, Underline the Topic=> Main Ideas, Details
- Vocabulary Skill: Numbers and mathematical terms-> [A]
- What do you think-B/p.176: 2. Some people have a natural ability in math or dealing with numbers,
while others struggle with it. Do you consider yourself to be good at math or numbers or not? Why?
3. Inside Reading-2 Unit 9 True and Faults Reading- 2 Playing with the Pixels
Vocabulary Activities-Word Level
- A. Read the words in the box-> Fill in the blanks without reading (voca task) -> Read the text aloud.
- B. Put the sentences in a logical order. Identify the topic of each sentence and sort them
=> Homework by the next lesson on Mar. 26th
Blog a. demand that (should/BrE) inf （仮定法現在）: demanded that he emphasize ~ and play …
- insist that, recommend that, propose that, require that, suggest that
He demanded that she tell him the truth. They suggested that the passage be deleted.
The contract requires that the rent be paid by … We insisted that he resign as chairman.
- it’s important/essential/necessary that inf.: It is essential that the bill pass the Diet by …
b. show no reluctance to …
d. digital manipulation <- manipulate; change to suit one’s desire; influence, maneuver, shape
e. dark room techniques
- D. Dic submit
- to present for the approval, consideration, or decision of another or others; present, offer, propose, suggest, refer
- to give over or yield to the power or authority of another, to yield oneself to the power or authority of another; comply, endure, defer, surrender, agree, acknowledge