As the need for electricity increases, so does the dependency on nuclear power. Although the danger of nuclear power was clearly realized in March 2011’s earthquake and tsunami in Japan, it is still needed to provide enough power at the moment.
2. Read & Write-2 Unit 9 Reading 1: Cultural Differences in Counting, a science report
Blog Review Writing What’s the most surprising/interesting thing you learned in the article?
=> Write your response within eight sentences including an example or your own experience by 3/20
Reading 2: Problems with Math, a personal essay
- Vocabulary: be flattered (=honored) You’re trying to flatter me, Don’t flatter yourself (think you can do)
- Skimming: Title, captions, 1st Par, 1st sen-> Check MI, D and underline the points to look at.
- Read-1-> Mark the words to describe Time/When, Underline the Topic=> Main Ideas, Details
- Vocabulary Skill: Numbers and mathematical terms-> [A]
- What do you think-B/p.176: 2. Some people have a natural ability in math or dealing with numbers,
while others struggle with it. Do you consider yourself to be good at math or numbers or not? Why?
=> ☆Integ. Speech Answer the question with example(s) in 90 seconds.
3. Inside Reading-2 Unit 2 The Business of Branding Reading-2 Product Placement
Vocabulary Activities-Sentence Level
- contradict (to assert the contrary or opposite of; deny directly and categorically)